Website for my Artwork, and all things related...

Welcome, I will be updating as often as I can, uploading new drawings. If this is your first visit please read my blog post titled Artwork, it will be under Welcome in the "Lables" Section. Also comments and critiques welcome!

Thursday 11 February 2010

Alexis Bledel


Here are two drawings of Alexis Bledel, the second being the first and earliest....and by far NOT my favorite out of all my drawings. Still to this day I think it looks horrible! I will say one positive thing about the drawing however, her hand nearest to her chin, I like! I say this because 1) I am horrible at drawing hands and 2) this looks like a hand, and shaded perfectly in my opinion! I was experimenting with this drawing however. For people who do draw will know that different paper gives you different results when it comes to the over all drawing because of texture and the way the pencils work with the paper, and how well it blends. This if I remember correctly was a piece of computer paper, and I decided to use only one pencil. Don't ask me to remember which one, because I don't! I usually use a .07 mechanical pencil and the range of B graphite pencils, along with my blending stumps. I did use a blending stump on this image.

The first drawing was a much later one I did, another attempt at Alexis, I like this one much better! Even if I became lazy with her dress. I love how her face came out, the hands aren't so bad...I just love this one so much more!

1 comment:

  1. Awww and here I was gonna say how awesome the first one was. Her face is stunning. Looks like a b&w photo instead of a drawing. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete